As you already know, one of the most important components in using the Internet is your safety. Since the global web gives unlimited freedom, you can quickly feel safe and forget about the most important rules of behavior on the Internet and online dating. And to not be fooled, it is important not to forget about the rules of conduct adopted in the network.
Rules for Yours Dating Security
When it comes to online communication, a lot may feel completely childish and overly excited with new impressions from chatting with new interesting people with similar tastes and views. In this perspective, security measures to follow are commonly forgotten. To avoid potential risks of virtual relationship, the recommendations below have to be taken into account:
- Before you say or do anything, you should find out the rules of communication on the site. Some chats and forums have special rules that explain what the user has the right to say and do. Since many people are critical about those who break the rules, knowing them can save you from experiencing unnecessary discomfort.
- When you register on a dating site, take care of protection of your personal data. It is better to create a new email address that doesn’t include your first and last name. When communicating with a new Internet acquaintance, do not rush to give your last name, address, phone number.
- If you want to be sure of the complete safety of your personal data, register on serious and security dating sites. Such platforms, for the most part, are careful about protecting the personal data of users: personal data is not transferred to third parties and can’t be found in search engines.
- Online shopping, social media, email, online dating — you need a password everywhere. Or maybe you generally use the same password for all situations? Try to fix it as soon as possible. You can improve password strength by using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers.
- Before starting an online acquaintance, carefully study the profiles of possible chosen ones. If a potential suitor seems an interesting personality, account information will only prove that. Profiles are to check in order to define whether there is no scammer hidden under beautiful images and no-personal-data bios.
- Are you interested in one of the profiles and want to meet this person? Or did someone write to you first? As the first step of following security online dating principles, it is better to use not a personal email, but an internal correspondence system on a dating site. In case you want to interrupt the communication, simply delete the user from your list of contacts. In turn, he or she will no longer be able to reach out to you.
- In the process of online dating, you will learn more and more about the interlocutor: what hobbies he has, what books he likes to read, what kind of music he listens to. Your new acquaintance may want to share with you a picture, a funny story, a related article about his hobby, etc. The correspondence may contain links to other sites. Take your time to check all links — unfamiliar, untrustworthy links may contain viruses that are dangerous to your computer.
What’s next? How about calls?
Obviously, after successful online dating and chatting, the next step will be switching to phone or online calls. But again, in this case, you should not neglect your safety. The emergence of mutual attraction during written communication is noticed by the fact that the correspondence is becoming more regular and lively. Letters are sent daily or several times a day, both from home and from work.
The more your suitor likes you, the faster the responses to your letters will come. If a person has a technical possibility and time to answer, the more detailed, thoughtful, and diligent the content of the responses will be. They will joke kindly with you, they will patiently try to explain incomprehensible details, and more.
Try to answer the question in detail, to the point, but not so directly and straightforwardly not to allow your work, place of residence, or, for example, a sports club, favorite pool locations to be immediately concretized and identified earlier than you yourself want. For instance, if you think it is necessary, you can do the following: you are welcome to talk about sports achievements, the details of your occupation, the field of activity, what doing business means to you, what is good and fun at work, whether you have a degree in your specialty, whether you are satisfied with the income.
The variety of possible topics is endless. At the same time, it is a so-called taboo to actually name the addresses of the place of residence or work, the name of the organization, the place of sports training before establishing relations and personal meetings. This rule works even if you receive a direct question about the address, position, name from the person you like — this will directly affect your security dating.
Try to find out everything possible that you need about each other even at the stage of correspondence about appearance, education, cultural level, living conditions, relatives, and if you are satisfied with many aspects and there is a steady interest in each other, then go to telephone communication.
The regularity of your communication
Your phone communication should become regular, one might say, daily, especially if you live geographically far from each other. There is a little point in scheduling a face-to-face meeting if you’re not interested in communicating with each other frequently on the phone. However, the more you communicate in writing, the fewer phone calls you may have before the meeting. While actively chatting with receiving sufficient details about each other, discovering common acquaintances, one telephone conversation is also acceptable.
Pay attention to the little things for your dating security
When talking on the phone, especially during the first call to each other, pay attention to the presence or absence of the speaker’s accent, general literacy of speech, and the degree of language proficiency.
Try to determine the gender, age, cultural level of the interlocutor, occupation by the sound of the voice, and the manner of speaking. Determine if your impression matches the information provided by a potential suitor in the questionnaire. Do not hesitate to ask clarifying questions and immediately express your suspicions and doubts, or give a compliment.
Let’s sum it up about online dating security
Taking care of your own safety will help you avoid common mistakes, surpass your competitors when meeting on the Internet, and find the right person for you in the real world. Especially if you have made your profile on a dating site in such a way that its content attracts desirable people, it will repel unwanted people, acting as a filter and revealing the essence of your image, without letting others go into unnecessary details.
The safety of dating on the Internet begins with your profile, continues with communication and personal meetings, and ends with the appearance of a reliable trusted friend. Rather, joint security will already concern you two, and in addition, you will be able to help your friends with advice or insure them.